Junior Fair Board
Give the opportunity to learn about our fair and the fair industry, increase agriculture education to our guests, get involved with the community, participate in community service, develop, and expand your leadership skills, become aware of the business and operations of the Washington County Agricultural Fair, and be involved with a group of like-minded youth working to make our fair better each year.
- Ambassadors for the fair:
- Give presentations on the fair to service groups, run social media accounts, host Farmer For A Day exhibit at public events, attend parades in community, participate in local parades, assist in organizing and running educational programs that can be offered to the community and 4H/FFA members.
- Volunteer in the community:
- Visit local elementary schools with Farmer For A Day exhibit to expand agriculture education.
- Plan and assist in running events for the community
- During Fair:
- Assist in fair set up, assist where needed for livestock shows, work various stations (information booth, Farmer For A Day exhibit, 50/50 ticket sales), put on contests in show arena and show tent for youth, shadow board members and assist them when needed during the week, complete survey with fair visitors, assist in fair clean up, plan and organize different displays in the buildings and events during the week (can raise money throughout year and week to pay for these events to occur), organize and run a charity event during the week for the fair to give back to.
- During the year:
- Attend monthly meetings, attend at least 1 fair board meeting throughout the year as a member.
- Between age 14-21 as of January 1st
- Members in school: GPA of at least 2.5
- Attend a High School within the county, reside in Washington County, or a member in good standing with a 4-H/FFA Club/Chapter in Washington County
- Be able to work assist fair board in daily activities and events during the week of the Washington County Agricultural Fair
- Attend 2/3 of the monthly meetings throughout your 1 year term and attend at least 1 senior fair board meeting prior to the 2024 fair
- Have at least 1 entry in the 2024 Fair (all types of exhibit entries are acceptable)