John White House
The original stone structure was a substantial thirty-two-foot square sited on a rise, with the land sloping away from the house on all sides for drainage. It had a side hall and two rooms on each story. Later, the house was almost doubled in size by the addition of two rooms on each story. The Whites built a flour mill in the early nineteenth century, but all the outbuildings are demolished.
In 1916, the farm became the Washington County Fairgrounds and the house became an office and caretaker’s residence. Since 1993, the house has been restored and leased by the Washington County History and Landmarks Foundation.